Are you intimidated by the garden centre? Worried you have a brown thumb? In this segment, Gardening Expert Frankie Flowers gives us some gardening tips for beginners to make gardening easy. Here is a summary of the video:
- Don't buy based on looks alone. Read the tags to know what conditions each plant prefers. With gardening, it is important to plant the right plant in the right location.
- Know the difference between annuals and perennials. Hellebores are perennials - meaning they come back each year. The Reiger Begonia is an annual, meaning it only survives one season.
- Don't be afraid to kill a plant. EVERY gardener has killed lots of plants in their time.
- The #1 killer of plants is over watering. Allow the soil to dry out a bit between waterings.
- For a really easy start, try Flower Magic. Just sprinkle on the some soil, water, and then watch the flowers grow from seed.