Disease and insect resistant, drought tolerant, low fertilizer, low maintenance, first to harvest, long bloom period, non invasive, improved sensory engagement (fragrance, texture, night blooming, visual) with minimal environmental impact. Yes, all these great features in one collection!
Frankie has personally selected each of the EASY plants to simplify your gardening experience without sacrificing colour and wow factor. The EASY line of annuals will help make your gardening, well… easier! You can spend less time fussing over your plants and more time enjoying them.
The Easy by Frankie Flowers 2018 collection includes the following:
- Whopper Begonia
- Calliope Geranium
- Sunpatiens ‘Compact’
- Salvia ‘Mysty’
- Cana Lilies 'Cannova'
- Coleus ‘Kong JR’
- Reiger Begonia
- Dianthus 'Jolt'
The Frankie Flowers EASY collection is bigger, better and easy to grow. Frank has already done the work for you so you won’t have to worry about which plants to choose this spring. The collection features plants for both sun and shade.
More ideas for low maintenance gardening:
- Add 2-3 inches of mulch over any exposed soil. Mulch will reduce the amount of water needed and the amount of weeds to pull.
- Check the soil moisture before dragging out the hose to water. You will only need to add water once the top 1 -1 1/2 inches of soil has dried out.
- Put the right plant in the right place. The EASY line makes this simple; plants in the yellow pots like sun, plants in the blue pots prefer shade!
- Avoid invasive plants that will invade your garden and possibly nearby natural areas too! Watch out for plants with “weed” in the name such as goutweed and bugleweed. Ontario Invasive Plant Council provides a list of which plants to avoid.
- Do your weeding after it rains, when the soil is soft making the weeds easier to pull. Watch for Frank’s Weather Reports on Breakfast Television to find out when rain is forecasted.
- Prune right – prune after bloom.
- Get rid of needy plants –That shrub hasn’t bloomed in 3 years …get rid of it! That plant that needs daily fussing…get rid of it!!