In this Cityline segment, Frankie talks to us about the different types of peppers you can grow at home, if you dare, from sweet ones to the world's hottest pepper, the Caroline Reaper, which is measured at two million scoville units!!! (In comparison, Cayenne peppers are only between 7,000 and 8,000 scovilles). That's one hot pepper!
Tips for growing peppers:
- Grow when the outdoor daily temperatures are averaging between 25 and 30 degrees Celsius.
- The soil temperature has to be at 20 degrees Celsius before planting
- Don't over water, allow the soil to dry out between waterings.
- Plant in full sun, which is a minimum of 6 hours of direct sun each day.
- Most peppers can be grown in containers, with Apache being one of the best for this.