Want to learn more about Ontario Strawberries?
In this Breakfast Television segment, Frankie talks with food specialist Heather Trim about everything you need to know about Ontario strawberries including:
- Strawberries are grown and sold right in Ontario, so look for Ontario strawberries when shopping.
- Look for fresh berries, fragrant with nice green stems when buying Ontario strawberries.
- Strawberries are the only berry that has the seeds on the outside of the fruit!
- Ontario strawberries are available from May to September.
- Strawberries can be frozen for longer storage. Freeze them with the cores removed on a cookie sheet, then move them into a tightly sealed Ziploc bag and pop them back into the freezer.
For more information on Ontario Strawberries visit Foodland Ontario.